CATHOLIC KIDS MEDIA: New videos every Wednesday!
May 7, 2023
CLICK ON TEXT TO READ MORE
Bible Videos for Children
The videos below are from a variety of Christian sources. Use your own judgment and discretion when adapting content for your children. Videos are sorted by most popular.
Activities / Handouts
Sunday May 3, 2026The readings for the 5th Sunday of Easter Year A tell us that we are called to follow Jesus and serve him, even though we don’t know where that might lead us.
This The Way, The Truth, and The Life lesson plan emphasizes the importance of trusting in Jesus as the source of guidance, truth, and fulfillment in life. By studying John 14:1-12, Catholic youth will understand that Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life, and they will learn how to deepen their trust in…
Each week, on this page you will find a series of word games created by artificial intelligence using ChatGPT. Feel free to adapt and use these in your classroom or at home. All images have also been generated by A.I. technology and therefore may be freely used.
Here’s a word game for children based on John 14:1-12:
- Marker or pen
- Write words related to John 14:1-12 on different pieces of paper (way, truth, life, Father, believe, house, heaven, Jesus, comforter, works, disciples, greater).
- Cut out each word and shuffle them around.
- Ask the children to unjumble the words and form them into the correct phrases.
- To make it more challenging, you can time the children or turn it into a race.
- Once they unjumble all the words, have them read out the complete verses where these words occur.
- AKEWBLIPV –> Believe in Jesus
- HFARTERATOSIRM –> Father’s house has many rooms
- JSSUE –> Jesus
- IARTMYTLUH –> I am the way, the truth, and the life
Build a House Maze
Here’s a children’s game based on John 14:1-12:
“Build a House Maze”
- A printed maze made by drawing or printing an image of a house
- Sheets of construction paper or colored paper
- Glue Stick
- Print or draw the maze of a house on a piece of paper.
- Cut strips of paper – one for “I am the Way,” one for “the Truth,” and one for “and the Life,” and color them in different colors.
- Give these strips to the children along with colored paper sheets and a glue stick.
- Let them choose a color to place on the maze puzzle and glue them on the corresponding door.
- Write John 14:6 at the end of the maze, as a visual reminder for children.
- Explain to the children that Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and that He opens the door to heaven through faith and belief.
- Once the children have completed the maze, they can take their creations home as a reminder of the verse and the message.
Gospel Questions and Answers
Here are some questions and answers based on John 14:1-12:
Q: What does Jesus tell His disciples to do?
A: Jesus tells His disciples to not let their hearts be troubled, but to believe in God and in Him.
Q: How does Jesus describe His Father’s house?
A: Jesus describes His Father’s house as having many rooms/masteries.
Q: How does Jesus describe Himself?
A: Jesus describes Himself as the way, the truth, and the life.
Q: How can someone see the Father?
A: Someone can see the Father through Jesus.
Q: How does Jesus say that He and the Father are related?
A: Jesus says that He and the Father are one with each other.
Q: What works will those who believe in Jesus do?
A: Those who believe in Jesus will do the works that He has done, and even greater works than those.
Q: Why does Jesus say that He is going to the Father?
A: Jesus says that He is going to the Father so that He can prepare a place for believers in His Father’s house.
Q: How can we know the way to the Father?
A: We can know the way to the Father by knowing Jesus, as He is the way, the truth, and the life.
For this Mother’s Day craft, preschoolers can make this sweet keepsake to show love to their moms or other special women in their lives.
In this children’s message, kids discover what it means to talk with God and pray about everything while they explore a passage in Philippians. Scripture:
Acts 2.1-41 The story of Pentecost describes spiritual fire falling on the disciples. Something inexplicable was taking place that would ignite the disciples and change the course of history foreve…